Monday, February 5, 2018

My Current Skincare Routine

Hello! Friends have been asking as to what I use on my skin and I’ve shared this on my Instagram a couple of weeks ago. To be honest, I wasn’t into skincare but due to weather conditions here in Chicago, I just had to step up. Most of the stuff I’m using are from Walgreens and Walmart (because everything is cheaper there) but I’ve been exploring Kheil’s and Mario Badescu as well. I’ve also been trying out The Ordinary and would love to try more stuff in the future! I know this might go off track but I just don’t care for the brand’s foundations. But I’ll reserve that for another post.




For the morning, I use:
1. The Transparent Facial Bar from Neutrogena (frankly, its the bar version of the liquid version and can save you a ton of money since I would go through a whole bottle monthly. Cut a bar into 6 pieces because they melt easily)
2. St. Ives Even and Bright Scrub (helps fade acne spots)
3. Dickinson’s Witch Hazel (I’ve used this for years, perfect for oily skin and helps prevents breakouts)
4. St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Moisturizer (My 3rd or 4th jar)
5. Mario Badescu Facial Spray (The rose one is better, I’ve finished 4-5 bottles and I purchased another full-sized bottle. Good before makeup or during a hot or extremely cold day)
6. Neutrogena Clear Face Sunscreen SPF 55 (Frankly, if you don’t use alot of shit just make sure you wear SPF everyday)

After a day of wearing makeup I wipe it all off with the Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes. Then I use
1. Kiehl’e Rare Earth Deep Pore Daily Cleanser (isn’t harsh on your skin if you want something that helps your blackheads)
2. Mario Badescu Whitening Mask (good for fading acne scars and brightening your skin, use twice a week!)
3. Freeman Anti Stress Clay Mask (jima jima lang pero helps clear up my skin, you can use it up to 4 times a week depending on your sensitivity to clay products)
4. Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner (Use twice a week! Helped with my scars. I initially didn’t like it because it made me breakout. Little did I know I was irritating my skin because glycolic acid is an exfoliant. When used less frequent I learned to appreciate it.) 
5. The Ordinary Hyraluronic Acid 2% + B5 (helps hydrate my skin, use at night because it interferes with makeup application)
6. The Ordinary Caffein Solution 5% + EGCG (tightens my undereye area, but I would wear this at night because again, it interferes with my makeup)
7. Neutrogena Deep Moisture Night Cream (I feel beautiful the morning after. Maka fresh.) 

I failed to mention this on Instagram but I just love lipbalms. I sometimes bring all three of these just because.
1. Aquaphor Healing Ointment. Technically not a lip balm but Bianca Del Rio hoards this stuff and I know why. It heals and nourishes. Perfect before you fall asleep.
2. Kheil’s Lip Balm in Cranberry. I love the scent but I think it’s too strong sometimes. But it really helps wake me up in the morning and nourishes my lips as well.
3. Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm in SPF 25. Just love the protection without that dreadful whitecast!

If you have recommendations especially on products that help clear scars and brighten skin I’d love to hear from you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment