Thursday, June 18, 2015

Current Skin Care Routine

Over the years of being into makeup, I've gone through a phase where skincare didn't seem important. It dawned upon me that makeup looks best with well-maintained skin. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy and admire makeup artists and enthusiasts around the world that have the ability to effectively conceal blemishes and discolorations. Which reminds me, I should venture into color correcting products since I have a dark under eye area. The point is, I want to wear as less face products as possible and want to achieve a skin-like finish when I do my own makeup. This post also serves as a mini review for each of these products :)


So without further ado, these are the products I use on a day to day basis as well as on a weekly basis. :) This might be a long post for some of you so get ready!
Daily Face Routine

My day and night regimen only consists of four products. I use a facial cleanser day and night, I use a natural toner to help clear left-over makeup and dirt and use a facial oil to moisturize. Well actually, I use my facial oil mostly at night and use my sunscreen cream during the day- most especially when I know I'll be going out. 


1. Himalaya Herbals Purifying Neem Face Wash (wow that's a mouthful). Lately I've been really enjoying products from this brand. I've used their oil-clear variant of their facial wash and I really enjoyed it. I tried out this variant since this also helps in preventing pimples aside from controlling oil production. This product is free from parabens and other harsh chemicals. Honestly, this brand is very underrated and despite helping in controlling oil production, this product makes my skin soft and hydrated. 




Where to buy and how much?
This product is available at Watson's and grocery stores and I bought this for about Php 89.00 (50ml).


2. T.N. Dickson's Witch Hazel. I used to consume oil-control toners from Pond's, Nivea, Garnier..you name it. I really enjoyed the Garnier one as it really helped in controlling oil but over time it became too harsh on my skin. Drugstore brands have too much alcohol content and this contributes to premature aging. I read from blogs that switching to witch hazel exposes your skin to many benefits and is a natural alternative. This product is an all-around astringent that can treat small cuts, razor burns and of course, you can use it on your face to clean traces of makeup and prep it before applying moisturizer. After using this the texture of my skin improved and it became softer and it's oil control is very good. I haven't looked back ever since. 



Where to buy and how much?
This is available at Healthy Options stores and retails for about Php 249.00 (237ml).


3. DOYEE Miracles Body Oil for Hair and Body. Okay so from the name itself, you'd be skeptical about it being good for your face. My cousin who is a dealer of these products said that the ingredients of this variant is the same with the variant that's intended for the face. This contains argan oil, almond oil, wheat germ oil, carrot extract, and macadamia seed oil among many others. You can look up the benefits of each of these oils and I really find this product deeply nourishing and healing. The downside of this product though is that it makes your face warm upon application but the sensation will go away within two minutes. I also use this for oil cleansing heavy makeup and this does the good job. I'm no expert with using face oils and using the oil cleansing method but reading about it and seeing positive results from other blogs made me want to make the switch from traditional cream moisturizers. I'll explore more oil options when my wallet permits me to do so ;) But so far I'm pleased with this product and I use it at night to help repair my skin. Comes with a pump to control usage, plus the scent is so invigorating! 


Where to buy and how much?
You can purchase this product only from Herbal Blessings and First Vita Plus dealers. These brands are from the same company. I bought this for Php 450 pesos for 100ml. That amount for an affordable price is definitely worth a try when you're starting out with facial oils like me. 


4. The Face Shop Natural Sun Eco Super Perfect Sun Cream in SPF/FPS SA+++ 50 (again, a mouthful haha!). Has high SPF? Check. Is it lightweight and doesn't feel gross? Check. Affordable? Check. This contains purified sunflower sprout extracts that treat your skin to the benefits of vitamins A, C and E. This also has a Natural Moisturizing Factor (NMF) and is free from parabens. This is really good for everyday and with its benefits for your skin plus high SPF content, who wouldn't want that?


Where to buy and how much?
I bought mine from a Cebu-based online shop on Instagram (@frombusantocebu) for only Php 400-450. 


Weekly Treatments and Steps
To make this post shorter, here's a round-up of the different masks I use 2-3 times a week. These take care of clearing up my skin, brightening my complexion and helping minimize my blackheads and pores. 


1. Himalaya Herbals Almond and Cucumber Peel-off Mask (Php 139 or Php 149, Watson's).



 Hydrating and makes my skin supple after use. Be sure to avoid the eye and lip area because this can hurt when you take this off! Another tip to clean up left-over product after usage is wiping your face with wet tissue. This really helped in clearing and brightening my complexion. If I don't have any pimples I use this 2-3 times a week.


2. Sainzen Charcoal Nose Pack (Php 88, Daiso).



 I read about this from other blogs and this helps in taking out some of my black heads on my nose and chin area. I also noticed that this leaves the area feeling refreshed and hydrated. It's also easy to take off, too! I use this once or twice a week.


3. Himalaya Herbals Neem Face Pack (Php 139 or Php 149, Watson's).


This helped in drying up pimples and control my oil. I enjoy Himalaya Herbals products in general and I use this whenever I see pimples starting to form on my face. Be sure to use this right before you take a shower though as taking it off can be quite messy!


So this is how my skin looks as of this writing. Although I still have imperfections, I'm quite pleased with the current state of my skin. If you have any suggestions for an affordable eye cream, feel free to share with me because I'd love to hear from you! 


'Till next time,
Jessy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment