Thursday, June 25, 2015

Fun Purple Cat Eyeliner

Bored with the same old black cat eye? Me too! So here's a fun spin to the everyday eyeliner look! You can also experiment with blue and green tones :) I'm still trying to figure out ways to film better. 





This video also teaches you a tip to maximize the use of your long-wearing liquid lipsticks into colored eyeliner shades :)






Products Used:

Ever Bilena Advance Eyeshadow in Amazing Pink
NYX Dream Catcher Palette in Dusk Til Dawn
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Transylvania
Maybelline Gel Eyeliner in Black
Ever Bilena White Eyeliner Pencil
Sainzen Long Curl Mascara
Lancome Color Design Lipstick in Trendy Mauve






One day I saw a tutorial made by Emma Pickles that used her red lipstick as a red eyeliner. It inspired me to create a look since I noticed plum, magenta and purple hues complement my eyes. I don't own much eyeliners so this tutorial is another way of making the most out of your long-wearing liquid lipsticks. 






I also made this look as simple and wearable as possible because truth be told, women in general stick to neutral hues on a daily basis. So this is perfect for those who don't want to steer too far away from their comfort zones yet still stand out. After all, less is still more. 






I'm still figuring out a way to produce better videos, with regards to factors such as getting the camera to set in the correct aspect ratio, how to crop these videos into a 1:1 frame that's intended for my Instagram previews and other details. So right now, I still can't recommend which kind of video editing software is suitable. :) Luckily, my Canon EOS 600D already has a video editing function so that way I can be able to cut clips and make merging these files once I get them on a computer easier. Basically, it cuts editing time in half- which is perfect for beginners like me.





I hope you enjoy this tutorial I made for all of you. You can also experiment with different shades such as blue, green and even orange! Have fun and don't think too much because makeup is supposed to be fun. :)



'Till next time!
Jessy :*

No comments:

Post a Comment