Monday, July 20, 2015

Aritaum Full Cover Liquid Concealer Review

So my girlfriend visited Café Dara, co-owned by her old friend Alex. I was supposed to go with her that night but had to attend to important errands.  Anyway, I was already eyeing a certain product for weeks and asked if she could purchase it without me. When she got there, she called me to tell me that what I wanted was already sold out. Then I remembered Darra Beauty market posting about this concealer. What made me interested was the amount of product, which is 25ml for the price of Php 300. Pretty cheap for a full coverage concealer! So then I asked her if this product was still available and oh boy it still was! I waited for several days before I could finally get my hands on this baby to test it out. 


 I got this in the shade 01 Light Beige since my skin care routine seemed to make my skin a bit lighter. Read on to see what I think about this product! I'll also give you some tips on how to make this product work for you!




Overview:


  • 25ml of product (Too much for a concealer, really!)
  • Oil-based and full-coverage
  • Has a yellow undertone
  • Made in Korea
  • Can be bought from Dara Beauty Market for only Php 300. 


What I think: 

  • Very little goes a long way. A tiny dot would be enough for both under eyes! Check out the photo below for the swatch:

  • A tiny amount will suffice if you want to cover your whole face. This product is also buildable!
  • Sweat proof and somehow oil resistant  (I have oily skin). I was cleansing my face at the end of the day with my face oil and it was quite hard to remove all of it.
  • 25ml for the price and quality makes this cheap thrill worth a try!
  • If you have really dark under eye circles it would be best to use a corrector first. 
  • The brand should create color correcting variants! Given the quality, I think these would be great color correctors.
  • Perfect for those who don’t want to worry about touch ups and photography.
  • This emphasizes dry areas/patches and the sides of my nose, especially if I use too much. Just work with layers to get the coverage you want.
  • The brand should create more color options. From other blogs I've read, I have only seen 2 colors available :(
  • I love the packaging! Love love love it. Doesn't look and feel cheap. And the tip that dispenses the product is so tiny so that way you get to control how much you're getting. 






Application tips:

The next photos you're about to see are me using this product as an over-all foundation for my skin. That way you'll get an idea how this would look when used all over the face. This is the amount of product I've used for my entire face earlier today:




  • Do be careful with your base products especially if you plan to use this all over your face. I haven't tried using this with a silicone-based primer but this doesn't work well with the water-based primer that I currently use since this product is oil-based. I found that this works with well-moisturized skin. Also do care to look at the key ingredients of your foundation!
  • Work in layers, especially with the under eye area. In general, do work with this product gradually as using too much all at once will result in a cakey mess!



  • Since this is an oil-based product, I don't dampen my sponge. Rather, I apply a bit product on my face first, spread with my fingers and use my dry sponge to tap and blend the product in. You can also use your favorite face brushes to tap and blend! This method also helps you save your products because brushes and sponges absorb too much and who would want to waste their hard-earned money on your thirsty makeup tools? ;)

  • To set this product after application, I recommend using a sponge. Dip your sponge with your favorite setting powder/powder foundation and tap onto the area where you applied your product. Use as little as possible since oil-based products really cling onto powders! This results in an uneven and cakey look if you apply too much powder when you work with oil-based products. Take a look at how it looks on my under eyes. I only used a light setting powder and pressed onto the area. 

And here's a photo of the finished makeup look I did today. Do check out other good stuff from Dara Beauty Market. They have new stocks monthly (at least I think so!) and sell cheaper than other online shops. 


Would I buy it again? 
I'm still learning how to work with this product and I doubt if I could consume this completely. But if there are more shade selections then I might do so! 

Have you tried this product or do you have any recommendations for affordable full-coverage foundations and concealers? Do let me know in the comments section! Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more posts and tutorials soon!

'Till next time,
Jessy :*


No comments:

Post a Comment