Sunday, July 12, 2015

The Body Shop Smoky 2 in 1 Gel Liner First Impression Review

Okay so me and my good friend and her mom were in SM strolling around after a cup of coffee. I told my friend that there’s a sale let’s go check out The Body Shop. But despite having a sale, we still couldn’t afford the good stuff (haha). Tita was already checking out the products because she’s the type that likes to try out products for herself and my friend. When we went out she handed this to me. I said no at first because obviously, this is expensive (I still have to update with the exact price in case you guys want to know). I told her to give it to my friend but she’s not into makeup and I accepted it. Hihi dili angay balibaran ang grasya (you shouldn’t reject blessings/refuse an offer).


So this post will be more of a first impression review since today is the first time I’ve worn this for hours on my upper lash line. Be mindful that as of this writing I haven’t used this on my waterline yet. :D


Overview
  • 2ml or 06 fl oz.
  • Can be used on eyes and brows
  • Made in Thailand
  • 12 month shelf life
  • Comes with a brush (will be seen in photos later on)


So the product reminds me of gel eyeliner or brow liners from Korean Brands. It comes with a portable brush that can be attached for better precision. It reminds me of the brushes that come with Maybelline gel eyeliners. This is convenient for maximizing space for your makeup kit as carrying brushes around tend to take up space. Not to mention instances where left-over product from your brushes can make other contents of your makeup bag dirty. 


It's good that this gel eyeliner is marketed to be also good for eyebrows. If you can't afford Anastasia, MAC or Bobbi Brown brow pomades/creams, you can try to use brown drugstore gel eyeliners instead. It does the job as well while keeping the shape and color locked in all day.


So as you can see, this is the brush that comes with the product. You attach the brush's end to the cap and then it will look like this:


It's hard to get a precise shape if you use the brush without attaching it to the cap. Personally, I still want to use my eyeliner brushes instead of the one that came with the product. But if you're a beginner and would like to venture into using gel eyeliners, this brush is a good way to start practicing. 


See what I mean? The brush is so tiny! So better attach it to the product's cap before using. 


The amount of product is just right because you won't have to worry about the product's performance once it hits the 12month mark. Gel eyeliners typically go bad and dry up as early as six months and because of having too much product left, you'd end up wasting it because you have to throw it out for sanitary and safety reasons. But then, I really doubt anyone could use up a jar of gel eyeliner though :p


Pardon the swatch photo, I was testing out another product while I was working on this post. As you can see, the color gives off a very matte finish but is not as opaque as I want it to be. But despite the payoff, this gives you less of a mess if you mess up with your application. Cleaning off the edges of my winged liner with concealer wasn't much of a chore since the opacity isn't very deep. 


What I think and would I buy it again?
  • This product is good for those who want to venture into gel eyeliners.
  • This product didn't market any claims but this lasted over 8 hours on my lids. Do note I was wearing face primer before I did my makeup.
  • Very convenient and maximizes storage space in your kit because of the brush. 
  • In my opinion, there are other cheaper drugstore brands that are more opaque than this product. But just set it with black eye shadow and you're good to go. 
  • I don't think I'd buy this again because I doubt I would be able to finish this product. Just be sure to scoop out enough product or avoid double dipping the brush onto the product to avoid contamination. Your eyes are one of the most sensitive parts after all. :D



So what are your favorite budget-friendly gel eyeliners? Let me know if you tried this brand or other brands!
'Till next time,
Jessy :*




No comments:

Post a Comment