Monday, July 6, 2015

Makeup Looks for Mytheiuss Models and Life Ramblings

Hello guys! So lately I've been doing a lot of thinking for the past week. I haven't had the time to polish and post new content because we transferred back to the city. The other day, I've had the chance to work with my friend JM Jusay who owns Mythieuss Models. We're very good friends since college and he asked me to do the makeup for some of his models for his set cards. 


This post is going to feature the looks I've done plus some ramblings about what's going on with my life. I'm so happy to practice doing makeup on other people. I haven't been very confident in doing makeup on other people and I must confess that I haven't been diligent in improving. This shoot and the past weeks have really got me into thinking about a lot of things. I only brought with me my iPad to take pictures of the looks I've done as I'm reliant on the outcome from the photographer. The black and white photos by the way are by my friend Matt Pinkian. :)




This girl's name is Monna. May God bless this girl's eyebrows. Are you guys familiar with EasyNeon on YouTube? Monna looks exactly like the beauty YouTuber it's insane. I really like her features! 


This girl's name is Fatima. I really enjoyed doing makeup on her! Although I kinda messed the blending of the shadows a bit. Black eye shadow in general can be tricky. :/ At least I know that I should be careful next time I do makeup on other people. Anyway, I really admire women that have a touch of masculinity with their features.



 Fatima's short hair really brought out her gorgeous profile. I told her life's unfair because I want them cheekbones too :(


Josie right here is this 5'11 beauty with child-like features as well. But can you believe this girl is only 15? This timid lady hides behind her glasses but the moment she posed in front of the camera all of us were swept away. This girl's a natural! Her features remind me of Mercedes Cabral. 


JM asked me to emphasize on the model's contours and apply black shadow since this shoot was to be rendered in black and white photographs. After this shoot I'm really motivated to start doing freelance work. To be honest, my career has gotten in the way of pursuing makeup artistry and blogging. Its not that I don't enjoy my career, being unemployed at the moment got me into thinking more about my existential crisis. 


So here's a back story, last May my mother suffered a mild stroke and was hospitalized for almost two weeks. After her hospitalization we had to rehabilitate her at our ancestral home in the Southern part of Cebu. Since there was only the two of us plus our pet dog Matilda here at home, being with our relatives at the time being would help monitor my mother's condition better. I had to quit my job but this occurrence was a blessing in disguise-  I disliked my new job. Yes, when all of this happened, I was working for the company for only two weeks. I enjoy writing, I do but coming up with website content for different brands on a daily basis can be draining. I miss my old work as a copywriter for different brands as well as planning for the agency's creative briefs. I also missed the part of my media stint back in college when I had to go to press events and write about lifestyle and technology. To be honest, yes, I should get a stable day job to get back on my feet and support our needs. 


Right now I'm at a place where its bad and at the same time its all good. Aside from the realization of the importance of family and many other things, I realized my quest for stability made me stray away from other things I love and am passionate about. I got to think more about my passion for blogging and makeup as well as a possible venture into freelance work. I've been thinking about taking up hairdressing and advanced makeup artistry courses to improve my craft.  I know all of the difficulties at the moment will pass in its own way. I still do freelance writing work but when I get a stable job, I'll do my best to keep up with my passion for makeup and sharing the little I know with others.   


I have more reviews and tutorials to upload soon so stay tuned. If you've made it this far, thank you for reading. :)


'Till next time,
Jessy :*

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you sizzy! God Bless you more on your endeavors. :)

    ReplyDelete