Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Kissing a Million Lips is Possible with MeNow Kiss Proof Lipsticks

I'm never picky with lipsticks in general. Lipsticks should be fun to wear and enjoyed among other steps in makeup application. :) In the recent years drugstore brands are now catching up with the quality and performance of high-end brands and the same goes for lipsticks. I just bought some of the well-loved Kiss Proof lipsticks by MeNow and here are my thoughts!






I bought the shades 03, 06 and 12 from Storecircuit on Instagram for just Php 100 pesos each plus the shipping fee to Cebu. The Kiss Proof lipsticks come in a classy packaging with instructions in English and Arabic so I'm assuming that MeNow is a Middle Eastern brand. Correct me if I'm wrong though. In real life, swatches of these lipsticks are darker than what's pictured so expect your chosen shade to be darker! 12 in photos looked more of a cool-toned lilac pink but in person it reminds you of MAC's Diva. I guess you can be light-handed to achieve a lighter wash of color. 

A warning though, these lipsticks and matte lipsticks in general are drying so if you suffer with chapped lips, you won't like this. However, what I like to usually do is slather my lips before the start of face makeup application and after doing my face and eyes, I wipe the lip balm off and apply lipstick. A recommendation is the Nivea Lip Butter, which I read somewhere is comparable to the famous LaMer lipbalm. Anyway, here's the round-up and swatches!




Round-up on each shade:
  • 03 is a warm-toned red which can look like a pretty stain when worn. This is suitable on both fair and medium skin tones.
  • 06 is a bright coral dark peach shade as opposed to the nude payoff shown in photos. This is suitable with fair to medium skin-toned girls- especially when they have highlights. It's a pretty summer shade!
  • 12 is a dark mauve which leans to a wine-red color. It looks classy and will look good on fair skin types and medium to dark skin types with dark brown to black hair. 

Pros:
  • CHEAP!
  • Wide shade range
  • Long lasting
  • Perfect for students and professionals on a budget, or for makeup lovers that seek cheaper quality lipsticks
  • Classy look and packaging
  • Has a powder-matte finish
Cons:
  • Drying. as opposed to the moisturizing claim on the packaging
  • Can crumble if you over-apply. Wipe the remaining lipstick on your lips before you re-apply
  • Makes you want to collect all the colors!

So here's how it looks on my lips. Here's how the 06, 12, and 03 look on my lips:



Have you given in to the Kiss Proof craze yet? What shades did you get? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment