Monday, April 4, 2016

5-minute Read: My "My Lips But Better" Shades

Every girl needs a "my lips but better" lipstick in her kit! Trends come and go but we all need a lippy we should gravitate to for everyday wear. We want something that will make us look put-together even if we're too lazy to do a full-on face. So here's the drugstore and luxury picks for my lips!



You can never go wrong with Maybelline lipsticks! They're cheap and now they've come up with more fun colors and improved formulations. The Color Sensational lipstick in Sweet Pink is easy to wear, smells like caramel and feels nice on the lips. Longevity is so-so but I don't mind too much when it comes to lipsticks. Generally, lipstick should be the most fun part of makeup since if you're not satisfied, you change the color and when it wears off, touch-up is easy! This one is a bit cooler and has flecks of shimmer but don't worry, your lips don't feel grainy as these are finely made! The shade on the top is the Maybelline one. On the bottom is the one by Chanel.


My luxury pick is Chanel's Rouge Allure in Discrete. It has more or less the same consistency with the Color Sensational lipstick in my opinion. I've used it half-way and I use this on special occasions- this looks great with a smokey eye too! This has decent wear and is a bit hydrating so it's a pretty nice investment (although this was given as a gift). This leans to a more neutral to warm undertone. 



On a side note, I've heard that the NARS Audacious lipsticks have the best formulation and I might get one soon. I'm eyeing for any these shades, but Raquel resonates with me the most:

Image Credit: The Beauty Lookbook


So what are your MLBB shades? Do share :)

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried a lot of Maybelline lipsticks but I agree! They're cheap, they have a wide range of finishes and colours for a drugstore brand and they work well :)


    CJ | From Manila with Love : Beauty, Life & Feminism

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! What are your favorite shades? Wanted to try the Touch of Spice shade but it sold out quick :(

      Delete